Saturday, September 8, 2007

R.I.P Maestro Luciano Pavarotti (1935 – 2007)

I have never extremely liked opera, but hearing the incident regarding the death of Luciano Pavarotti makes me sad. Here again, we have lost yet another legend who has contributed/devoted his life for the advancement of opera music. Simultaneously, I felt contented because I believe that Mr. Pavarotti has been able to maximize and focus on his passion and that is to be an opera singer. His legend has roared through the ears of many people: the old, the young, the males, and the females, and has implanted the seed of fire to continuously grow in many individuals. One of the best examples would be in the case of Paul Potts, whom once Pavarotti “trained”.

The story of Paul Potts, as many people have said, can be considered as the Cinderella opera story. He was born in a poor family and has always been the target of class bullies in school. He suffered benign tumor in his appendix and went through two surgeries to remove it. He experienced a motorbike accident in 2003 which he broke his collar bone and kept him away from performing. The accidents left him out of the opera circles because the contract manager did not want to deal with such troubles, considering Paul Potts was still an amateur opera guy. Did he give up? He’s standing still and yet standing even taller after each obstacle.

He went on to perform in Barrymore’s ‘My Kind Of Music’ (1999). The money he won from the show (£8000) along with his savings was spent on attending various training courses in Italy.”1

“After having appendicitis doctors discovered a benign tumour that was removed. 2 weeks after the operation he was back on stage.” 1

“Since his illness he has struggled with money and has never reached his potential in Opera and this is why he has chosen to enter Britain’s got talent.” 1

He gave Britain’s Got Talent, a competition like American Idol, a shot to boost his opera career. He won first place in that BGT. And now, he’s starting to get recognized, respected, and rewarded. Talking about hard work and persistence here J.

Check his heart-moving performance at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

I, too, have been struggling in discovering my passion. I was, a couple of times, having fear for my future. But, I am advancing, not giving up. Fortunately, I have found what I want to do for my future. I have realized that there are many other people who are more unfortunate that I am, but they would end up “successful”. Both Pavarotti and Paul Potts are idols that many people can look up to. Rest In Peace Maestro Luciano Pavarotti; your devotion to opera music would be a legend in many people’s heart, including mine. Thank you for showing us your passion and persistence in the world of music!

“I think a life in music is a life beautifully spent and this is what I have devoted my life to” – Luciano Pavarotti

Say Cheese!

1http://celebsonfire.wordpress.com/2007/06/15/paul-potts-in-the-spotlight-again/


2 comments:

elka said...

Yeah... I was damn sad too.
I read the news on cnn at work, and I was so very sad...
Such a loss, such a loss...

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your momentstart.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com