Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Summer Internship 2007 at Baxter

I have enjoyed every single day of my summer internship at Baxter: interacting with all the very helpful, friendly, and supportive people, understanding about the corporate organization, learning to be respectful toward everyone and to handle different problems in different situations, improving my communication skill, competing with other interns, and learning how to enjoy work!

I have gotten to know very friendly and knowledgeable people whether they are the other interns or the plant manager himself. Competition was quite stiff among the interns. There was an intern, who was one year younger than me, but she was sociably likeable and very smart too. How can’t I feel pressured?! Yeah indeed, it made me depressed because I am a very competitive person. I tend to feel discouraged when I work with a person, especially if he/she is younger, but is a lot smarter than me. However, I tried converting my negative feelings into positive feelings by trying to get to know her more and helping her to succeed with her project at the same time. Yup, she’s unique from the other interns, smart and very friendly too – good luck on your future endeavors, J!

My final presentation, many people said, was quite a blast. I made many people, even the plant manager himself, laughed at my jokes at the end, but I feel that I could have done better. It is very seldom for me to feel satisfied with my own work, but I think I have to at this point. My last day at Baxter was full of memorable experience: being treated for lunch was gratifying, 2 hour talking about random things with my manager was memorable, giving hugs and taking pictures with lots of people was priceless, bidding farewell to everyone was sad but uplifting. I left work very late that day, but what a wonderful day it was!

As far as many people wanted me to come back working there after my graduation, I am now still indecisive. I want to start working for another specific company, to further follow my dream. But, Baxter has taught me tremendous amount of knowledge and experience and who knows that I would come back working there again after my graduation.

Thank you, Baxter. Thank you to all the managers, directors, and my co-workers. Thank you J for teaching me the ability to interact and being more open to other people – hope you will succeed on your future career too. You will not see me tearing down, but I am very happy and contented. Thank you everyone for having made my summer internship fun. It has been exhilarating and very enjoyable!


Kind regards,

H.T.

2 comments:

elka said...

Wow... Nice to know you were having fun... And they want you to come back! Wow, come on! hehehe...

RockIt said...

Hehe.. thx. Yeah, had so much fun there. My heart wants to come back, but my mind thinks differently. We'll see what future leads me to :P