Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Beyond sky, there is yet another layer of sky

The thought of burning competitions lately arouse in my mind. I,often times, compare myself to others, especially those people whom I have always envied and looked up to - talking about a friend of mine whom received a full scholarship at USC and graduated with a 3.7GPA, finished his BS in Industrial Engineering and simultaneously his MBA in the period of 4 years. There are numerous of my friends who have started becoming successful, whether it is in school or in business. And yet, here I am falling behind, watching their footsteps furthering away from me. I somehow feel jealous and happy for them at the same time. All of these different feelings jumbled inside my mind. Stressful, isn't it? Time for me to choose my own life destination...

Thank you to all my friends who've been listening to all my nonsense blabbering and giving me advice. It took me a while to finally realize that everybody has his/her own specialty. Comparing ourselves with other people will just cause stress and pressure. Just do everything your best, find your strength, focus and improve on it for you then can become a successful person. Plan ahead of time whatever your future life goals are, find your destination in life, take steps to achieve those goals, one step at a time. I lately came across this one quote, which really impacts my way of thinking:
"In between stimulus and response, lies a space.
In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response
In that response lies our growth and happiness."
Such an amazingly profound quote!

My suggestion: Be yourself, do whatever you're passionate about, focus on it, stick on your goals, do not give up, give everything your best and you'll definitely be successful and happy! Remember: as Garfield said, "Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best."

Say cheese :)

No comments: